Creative Currency Looking to Hire Creative Director
Position: Creative Director (Full-time)
Start Date: Immediate
What We’re Looking For Creative Currency is recruiting a next generation Creative Director to help lead our 25+ member team and play a pivotal role in growing our agency. We’re looking for someone who’s up for a new challenge, shares our vision for creativity and culture, and wants to be part of taking our offering to the next level.
If you are an emerging leader who lives and breathes creative and advertising, this job is for you. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can provide our creative team with guidance, motivation and ideas – from concept to execution. In this role you will be responsible for leading a 10+ member creative team, developing ideas and strategies for high impact creative and advertising campaigns for national and regional clients across Creative Currency and our sister agency, Enterprise’s client portfolios. This will include supporting strategy development, overseeing creative content development, budgeting and business planning. Our Creative Director must be able to convincingly present creative concepts to clients, obtain a working knowledge of business challenges, and lead innovative and conceptual solutions to address complex creative challenges.
This role sits amongst a team of young creative thinkers who are always looking for new and fresh ways to do things. We are a group of Swiss-army types, one day working on a social media campaign and another working on a full-service digital, traditional or OOH campaign. This often means working under tight timelines to get the job done. This individual will be a member of Creative Currency’s leadership team. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience working in-house or at an agency. The position is ideally based in Toronto but qualified candidates from Halifax, Ottawa or Hamilton would be considered.
What You Do Well
- Understand brand strategy and how to effectively run the creative process at an agency.
- Work harmoniously with others and bring professional, inclusive and collaborative leadership to a team of young creatives.
- Build a collective team vision, define goals and objectives, and help set the standard for collaboration and a positive, productive working environment.
- Lead with passion that energizes the team to over-deliver against expectations and constantly evolve and improve skillsets and creative outputs.
- Navigate complex challenges and analyze critical information to develop effective creative ideas and solutions.
- Confidently make decisions on creative approaches and strategies, providing quality control and taking ownership for all content that goes out the door.
- Lead the execution of high quality, boundary-pushing creative work including the development of design, illustration, imagery selection, brand narratives and/or copy.
- Expert in design, film and/or copywriting for social media and traditional advertising.
- Ability to interpret data, research and market trends to inform creative approach.
- Proven experience producing high-quality creative ideas and concepts across all platforms and mediums.
- Understanding of brand standards, design and digital trends, and various content platforms.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills and ability to lead multiple projects/tasks.
What We Can Offer You
Competitive Salary + Professional Development Opportunities
We offer a competitive salary and bonuses. We also provide you with the ability to expand your skillset and continuously learn through networking events and other professional development opportunities.
Comprehensive Health Benefits + Company Phone Plan
Our health benefits are competitive and include vision, dental, prescription drugs and mental health. We’ll also cover a portion of your monthly mobile phone expenses.
Highly Diverse Clientele
We’re not a traditional advertising agency. Whether our clients exist in the consumer or public affairs space, we help them focus on ideas and campaigns that give them currency in a world defined by social movements, political upheaval, and digital disruption.
Socials, Outings + Retreats
Culture isn’t just important to us — it’s everything. Lunches, happy hours, after-work gatherings, karaoke nights, summer volleyball — we like to be together at work and after. But this isn’t your typical mandatory fun. We do these things because we genuinely want to be there. Good companies are full of people who enjoy each other’s company.
Work From Wherever
This pandemic has made it clear: Flexibility is crucial to accommodate everyone’s needs and schedules. Life happens. We want you to be your best self, so however or wherever you need to work, we will work with you to accommodate it.
About Creative Currency
Creative Currency is a full-service advertising agency and content studio where ideas, strategies and stories meet to help companies and organizations find currency in today’s world. We fill the gap between the fast-paced, high-stakes world of public affairs and traditional advertising to challenge how businesses think about protecting their brands and selling their products and services. Our sister agency, Enterprise Canada, is a national strategic communications firm with expertise in government relations, public relations, healthcare and issues management. We have offices located across Canada in Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, and Edmonton.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com